On February 27th, experience this exciting family-friendly event in historic Forsyth Park!
The Seacrest Partners 10th Annual Race for Preservation is drawing near and the excitement is building! Historic Savannah Foundation and our race title sponsor, Seacrest Partners Inc., will educate runners and spectators about the positive impacts of preservation by showcasing five historic neighborhoods throughout the route. We are excited to announce that Chatham Orthopaedic Associates is teaming up with HSF to serve as the 2016 Race Mentor. Staff from COA will be on site, pre- and post-race, offering prevention and recovery consultations. 2016 marks a year of many noteworthy anniversaries for historic preservation. This year, our country celebrates the 100th anniversary of the National Park Service, the 50th anniversary of the signing of the National Historic Preservation Act, and Savannah recognizes the 50th anniversary of downtown’s designation as a National Historic Landmark. By Running in our Race, you support HSF, our mission, and historic preservation across the nation!
The Seacrest Partners 10th Annual Race for Preservation includes:
- 5K Walk, 5K Run, and 10k Run
- Awe-inspiring routes that take you through 5 historic neighborhoods
- A stroller division in both 5K and 10k events
- Race Day prevention and recovery consultations provided by Chatham Orthopaedic Associates
- Special Rates for Students, Military, groups of 10 or more, and First Responders: EMT, Fire, Police
- A fun and festive environment filled with music and refreshments; beer provided by Moon River Brewing Company; and unique awards for Top Masters, Overall and Divisional winners!
Included in Fleet Feet’s Fabulous 14 Run Series, our 5k and 10k awe-inspiring route highlights five historic neighborhoods: The Landmark District, Victorian District, Thomas Square Street Car, Ardsley Park Chatham Crescent, and Daffin Park/ Parkside.
Packet Pick up is on Friday, February 26th, from 10 AM-6 PM at Fleet Feet Sports Savannah, located at 3405 Waters Avenue. Late Registration will be available on the 26th and on the morning of the 27th.
Be sure to like our Facebook page for up-to-date Race details! To learn more about Historic Savannah Foundation please visit our website at myHSF.org.
For questions please contact Frances Colón at fcolon@myHSF.org or 912.233.7787. To Volunteer contact Chassidy Malloy at cmalloy@myHSF.org