This property has been sold to Mr. Lonnie P. Coulter who will initiate rehabilitation soon, and make this house his residence.
This house offers over 2,700 square feet of living space with three bedrooms and three full baths as well as two parlors, a living room, kitchen and dining room on the first floor. The home is situated on a corner lot with a large rear yard and lane access on a tree lined residential street in Savannah’s eastside.
Built in 1893-1898 for the Snedeker family, this home is a fine example of Victorian era architecture with some Gothic revival details. The interior still retains many of its character defining features including pressed metal ceilings and pressed metal wainscoting, stained glass windows through out and an ornate wooden staircase and balustrade and pocket doors. The home is located in the Savannah Eastside National Register Historic District making the home eligible for federal and state incentives to aid with the exterior and interior repairs.
Purchased by Historic Savannah Foundation in 2008, the home underwent stabilization in the summer of 2008. The home is currently stable and ready to be rehabilitated.