Lectures and Workshops
HSF is proud to offer an accredited program for real estate professionals in partnership with Savannah Area REALTORS®!
The purpose of this course is to educate realtors who are on the front line of the property-purchasing experience in subjects relating to historic preservation so that their clients will be better-informed stewards of historic property and will be able to take advantage of the benefits of owning properties within historic districts.
HSF last offered this course in July 2014 and received such positive feedback that we hope to offer it again in the future! Check back for the next scheduled date or become a member to stay up to date with everything HSF has to offer.
* Training by industry professionals
* Certified by Savannah Area REALTORS® and Georgia Real Estate Commission
* Registration includes a full binder with resources and all training materials
Course topics will include:
- Savannah’s architectural styles
- Economic incentives for historic properties
- Information on making changes/altering properties in historic districts
- How to respectfully rehabilitate historic properties and creative opportunities for development
“Historic Districts create stronger neighborhoods. Preservation is an economic engine and is the foundation for places like Savannah. Historic Savannah Foundation is the mother of Preservation and Historic Districts in Savannah, and an essential element of our town and the real estate profession.”
- Austin Hill, HSF Board Member
Savannah Area REALTORS® Members: $99 Pre-Paid | $109 On-Site
Non-Savannah Area REALTORS® Members: $109 Pre-Paid | $119 On-Site
For more information contact Danielle Meunier at dmeunier@myHSF.org or 912-233-7787.
This program is supported by:
2014 Preservation Festival Lecture & Panel Discussion
Click below to view a full recording of HSF’s 2014 Preservation Festival Lecture & Panel Discussion featuring: Donovan Rypkema, Principal of PlaceEconomics; Rebecca Wade, Director of Community Development for the City of Knoxville, TN; and Ben Carter of Ben Carter Enterprises, an Atlanta based development firm. Click here for full bios on each speaker.
Recorded at SCAD’s Arnold Hall on May 8, 2014 (97 minutes).