Lectures and Workshops
HSF’s Realtors Historic Preservation Leadership Course
July 17, 2014
6 Credit-hour Continuing Education Class
HSF is proud to present an accredited program for real estate professionals in partnership with Savannah Area REALTORS®!
The purpose of this course is to educate realtors who are on the front line of the property-purchasing experience in subjects relating to historic preservation so that their clients will be better-informed stewards of historic property and will be able to take advantage of the benefits of owning properties within historic districts.
* Training by industry professionals
* Certified by Savannah Area REALTORS® and Georgia Real Estate Commission
* Registration includes a full binder with resources and all training materials
Course topics will include:
- Savannah’s architectural styles
- Economic incentives for historic properties
- Information on making changes/altering properties in historic districts
- How to respectfully rehabilitate historic properties and creative opportunities for development
“Historic Districts create stronger neighborhoods. Preservation is an economic engine and is the foundation for places like Savannah. Historic Savannah Foundation is the mother of Preservation and Historic Districts in Savannah, and an essential element of our town and the real estate profession.”
- Austin Hill, HSF Board Member
Savannah Area REALTORS® Members: $99 Pre-Paid | $109 On-Site
Non-Savannah Area REALTORS® Members: $109 Pre-Paid | $119 On-Site
To register click here to download the registration form or visit the Education page of the Savannah Area REALTORS® website (be sure to click “Summer 2014″ for the class listing). For more information contact Danielle Meunier at dmeunier@myHSF.org or 912-233-7787.
This program is supported by:
2014 Preservation Festival Lecture & Panel Discussion
Click below to view a full recording of HSF’s 2014 Preservation Festival Lecture & Panel Discussion featuring: Donovan Rypkema, Principal of PlaceEconomics; Rebecca Wade, Director of Community Development for the City of Knoxville, TN; and Ben Carter of Ben Carter Enterprises, an Atlanta based development firm. Click here for full bios on each speaker.
Recorded at SCAD’s Arnold Hall on May 8, 2014 (97 minutes).